Hypertension or High blood pressure can affect anyone at any age, so regular medical check-ups are important. Solution focused hypnotherapy can help over 90% of people diagnosed with hypertension to get it under control and even significantly reduce it.
The Solution focused approach could help you tackle lifestyle factors which cause hypertension, and even a small reduction can slash the odds of you dying from a stroke or heart disease.
While blood pressure is vital to life, high blood pressure can be a threat to it. Today, one in three adults in the UK is affected by high blood pressure and half of those people are unaware of it. Over 90% of these have no clear medical cause, which means doctors can only work to manage the symptoms, rather than addressing the underlying issue(s).
Hypertension and strokes
High blood pressure and hypertension cause 62% of all strokes but almost half of all people with high blood pressure don’t realise they suffer from the condition and are thus at greater risk for stroke. In 2012 I took part in a new and unique programme, Hypnotension, that aimed to help anyone lower their blood pressure naturally and cut their risk of stroke in half.
80% of all strokes are preventable and controlling blood pressure is a key to cutting the risk of stroke. The Hypertension programme was developed for those with high blood pressure in mind. It carefully determines the individual needs of each client and a treatment is devised for that client that provides the most effective method of controlling high blood pressure.
We look at how your lifestyle choices are affecting your physical health and help by
- Cutting down stress
- Looking at diet
- Assessing exercise
- How much alcohol a client drinks
- Determining how overweight a client is
Medication for high blood pressure can cost up to £30/month, especially if you are on a combination of drugs. Consequently, over the years this can add up – 10 years it could cost you over £3,600. By changing your lifestyle it will only cost you the initial price of treatment – anything between £200 – £600 and your life will change for the better in many other ways.
Two types of Hypertension
There are two different kinds of Hypertension, one is caused by lifestyle, the other is caused by physical problems, these are often caused by a problem in the brain that controls blood pressure, or in the kidneys. Neither can be helped by hypnotherapy, so please make sure you know which type you have before progressing with therapy, as medication is the only treatment for this type.
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17135064 Gay, Marie-Claire. (Jan 2007), Effectiveness of Hypnosis in Reducing Mild Essential Hypertension: A One-Year Follow-Up. International Joumal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, Vol 55(0,67-83, Borckardt, Jeffery J. (Apr 2002).
- Case Study Examining the Efficacy of a Multimodal Psychotherapeutic Intervention for Hypertension. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, Vol50(2), 189-201. Raskin, Richard; Raps, Charles; Luskin, Frederic; Carlson, Rosemarie; Cristal, Robert. (Oct 1999).
- Pilot Study of the Effect of Self-hypnosis on the Medical Management of Essential Hypertension. Stress Medicine, Vol 15(4), 243-24
Penny Ling is a widely experienced hypnotherapist who has worked with everyone from top executives to stroke victims since 2007. She has been editor of Hypnotherapy Today Magazine and is a supervisor and mentor for members of the AfSFH and NCH.
Read Penny’s inspiring story “How I beat all my phobias”, or find out more how hypnotherapy could help your problem by downloading “How Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help with life”. Feel free to send Penny a message here.